Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving with great company and food. Jason did the turkey and it was excellent. He did a new rub and it turned out fabulous. I felt bad he was on call the night before and got no sleep what so ever. He didn't have a very good night, but he didn't let it show and was a trooper. I am thankful for Him and all he does he made Thanksgiving fabulous. We went to Lidell's for dinner and were joined by three other families. It was a pretty good crowd . Thanks Sandy and Aaron it was great. Here are the kids enjoying a little Charlie Brown so we could get things cleaned up. They all had a good time and got along so well. I think at this point they were very tired. I know I was
We tried to get a family pic but as you can see everyone was done. Ellie was in no way going to let us get a good picture. It was a good night.Happy Thanksgiving.
So Friday I did a little early morning shopping and it was great. Jason stayed with the kids well I guess they all slept. When I got back we decided to get our Christmas stuff out and start putting things up. So I have said that my son is way to funny, but this might take the cake. While we were putting up are tree he asked where we were going to put our socks because we don't have a fireplace. I told him I had a good spot for them. Well he disappeared and then came back with his socks and began to hang them on the tree. He was so proud of himself. I tell you what he never gives us a dull moment. The ankle socks were the best.
Maddie,Cole and Ellie have a tree in their playroom and enjoyed decorating it. they really did a good job. Maddie was cracking me up taking pics of the tree from all angles. I love the holiday season. We did have a great thanksgiving but I sure miss family and friends. I hope all had a great Thanksgiving.

9 comments:

janae said...

This was a great post!! I agree Cole is hilarious, i love the socks! Your turkey looks great. I think you are all a bunch of troopers, and we are thankful for all of you!!!

Geri R said...

I laughed so hard I cried. What a character that boy is. I think he may have something there. Quick, easy, practical decorating.
The turkey and cake looked wonderful. Cole said the cake was his favorite part of Thanksgiving. Trust that sweet tooth.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Cole is too funny! That turkey looks so yummy, I'm impressed!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

love that kid!!!! I'm so glad that you got a pic of it! I really missed spending Thanksgiving with you guys this year. It is starting to feel like it has been awhile since we have been together! Miss and love ya!

jenny said...

Your turkey looks like it needs a shirt and tie. Glad you guys had a good holiday. We will have to for sure do Christmas since I know for certain we aren't leaving.

That is hilarious about the socks. Any chance you want to decorate and get my Christmas stuff out? I dread it.

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT Thanksgiving! I am tagging you, so look on my blog to find out the rules!

Harmony said...

Nicole, could he get any funnier? I know who to call if I need a good laugh. It looks like you guys had a good day. We miss you!

ALL THE ROYCE'S said...

It looks like you had a great day. We of course missed having all of you around, but too had a fun day! Cole kills me! That's probably the coolest thing I've ever seen hung on a tree! Miss you guys!

The Neeleys said...

We missed you guys for Thanksgiving. It was really starting to feel like a tradition together in Ohio. And- we missed Jasons yummy turkey! Love you guys!