Sunday, October 7, 2007

Life or a Sitcom

Last night I took the kids to Fiesta Texas for the fright feast. It was a lot of fun. The temp. was actually really enjoyable. Jason now has to work on the weekends so it was good for us to get out. I went with two of my neighbors and their kids. They had it decorated with festive Halloween decor and played music. The kids thought it was fun.

So when i got home from Fiesta Jason was home and everything was running smoothly. We got the kids to bed and then we started getting ready ourselves. Well when we went into our room our fire alarm was chirping.(In need of a new battery). So Jason went to replace the battery but we didn't have the kind we needed. He just took out the old one, but it continued to chirp. He was getting so frustrated because he needed to go to bed. I was beginning to feel like I was on a episode of Friends like the one where Phoebe was struggling with her fire alarm. I was thinking this was all funny but Jason was not. He went down stairs got some tape got two pair of my socks and taped them around the alarm. It drowned out the chirping a little, but you could still hear it. Thanks Jas for the good laugh.

11 comments:

jenny said...

For some reason that is pretty funny. I can see you laughing and Jason getting totally annoyed. That has happened to us a couple of times. I almost got to the point I wanted to cut the dumb wire!

So excited you guys are now in our ward. YAY!

Harmony said...

Nicole,
That's hilarious, but annoying at the same time. It looks like you've been having fun. I 'll call you this week before I leave. Miss ya!

janae said...

Shoot, that is pretty funny!!! I love that you have a picture of it. Looks like you have had some fun adventures.

Krystal Trapnell said...

My friend and I used to say that there was a Friends quote for every situation. Definitely in this situation! Funny.

Unknown said...

Thanks for writing on my blog! It was so good to hear from you. It is funny how many people I have reconnected with. I love it. Your family is so cute...Cole is a tiny Nicole! Keep in touch. I am going to add you to my list if that's ok. Love, Marti

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Shut up! That is the funniest thing ever. We have had that happen ourselves. It is the worst. You just want to chuck them out the window.

Jenn said...

Cody says:

All you have to do is take out the battery and unplug it from the ceiling. You're definitely electronically inclined. That's almost as bad as Baker driving 60 miles the wrong direction. Thanks for the good laugh!

jason said...

Thanks Cody, tried that but the stupid thing wouldn't come unplugged. I just about ripped the wires right out. I finally went and slept in Cole's room.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Lol - I know the episode you are talking about, I miss that show, it was the best. I can totally see you laughing, so funny.

Jamie Lynn said...

How funny is that! I love that you took a picture of it. I have to tell you that the neighborhood is slacking in the Halloween decorations this year. I haven't seen one blowup yet!

The Neeleys said...

Nicole, I love this story - it is hillarious! Hey would you email me the address to Heather Teeples blog? Somehow, I messed it up when I entered it. Thanks...love ya!